Casumo is proud to say that they have a team of player support ambassadors that are trained and experienced in helping players better understand the signs of addiction. They are available 24/7 to answer any question you have and to advise you in getting the help you need.
There are a number of organizations and tools you can use to help you prevent gambling addiction. Here is a list of some of the organizations you can contact if you believe you need help:
- Gambling Therapy – This is a global service that offers both practical advice and emotional support to everyone who is affected by gambling addiction. They also provide a free app that has a collection of tools and information to help you identify and overcome problem gambling.
- GamTalk – This is another supportive community that helps people with gambling issues. People share their experiences and ideas on how to help anyone who has faced gambling problems.
- Gordon Moody Association – At Gordon Moody Association you can find advice, education, and support. If you have gambling problems or someone you know deals with this kind of an issue, then you can find the association online.
- Gamblers Anonymous – This is a very helpful community of people who share their experiences with each other. This site will offer various different options to help anyone in need. They have a forum, a chat room and also literature. You can also find meetings in your local area you can attend.
- Responsible Gaming Foundation – This foundation raises awareness for the possible causes and consequences of problem gaming. They are located in Malta and their idea is to provide the necessary support and advice to people who have problems with gambling.
- BetFilter – This is software that will prevent you from entering any gambling site or online casino. BetFilter is very simple to use and it will help you block gambling sites and applications.
- GamBlock – GamBlock is a company that has been around since the year 2000. This is also very useful software that helps you to block gambling sites and applications.
When you decide to try out gambling, we advise you to limit your deposit even before you start playing. That way you will be in control of your budget and won't make any rash decisions. Once you reach the sum you will not be able to make a deposit until your limit has reset. Casumo offers several options for setting limits, so you can choose the one that suits you the best. You also have the option to choose multiple limits on your account, it is all up to you. Logged in the time limit – You can limit how many hours you can be logged in to your account daily. When you reach your limit, you will be logged out automatically. There is nothing to worry about when it comes to your game session. The game you were playing will be paused or the bet you have placed will be finished in the background. You can check the outcome the next time you log into your account. If you set a 5 hour daily logged-in time limit, this means that you will be able to play a total of 5 hours at Casumo per day. You can do this in multiple shorter sessions or you can do it at once. Login time block – You can also set a specific time block that will cover all days of the week during which you will not be able to log into your account. If you want to change your time-slot, it will take 24 hours after the request has been made. For instance, if you set a login time block between 11 PM and 11 AM, you will not be able to play during these hours.
Spending budget – This will limit the amount of money you can spend during a certain period of time. Once you reach the amount you have chosen, you will not be able to make deposits anymore. If you win and make a withdrawal during the set period of time, then you will be able to make a deposit that is equal to the withdrawal made in this period. For instance, if your spending budget limit is $20, and you have made a withdrawal of $50. Then you will be able to make a new deposit of $70. Loss limit – This will allow you to limit the possible amount of net losses. When you reach the sum you will not be able to place new bets until your limit has reset. For example, if you set a loss limit of $20, this means that your balance can decrease a maximum of $20. If you have started playing with a balance of $30, and once it reaches $10, you will not be able to place further bets. Wager Limit – This will limit the total amount you can bet during a certain period of time. Once again, when you reach the limit you will not be able to place any bets. For example, if you set a $20 wager limit, you can place 20 $1 bets during the specified period.
A Self-assessment test is just a list of questions that will help you better understand your gambling habits. This test should not be considered as a diagnostic or psychological evaluation. The only thing that we can say is that every person who has reached out to gambling helplines has answered with a ‘yes’ to one or more of the following questions:
- Do you gamble beyond your means?
- Are you not being able to pay bills due to gambling losses?
- Do you skip work to stay at home and gamble online?
- Do you feel frustrated on days when you are not gambling?
- Do you feel a constant need to increase the amount of money to gamble?
- Do you feel the need to chase losses?
- Do you gamble to escape from everyday problems?
- Have you tried to stop gambling at some point but you have failed?
- Do you feel angry or frustrated when you don’t have enough money to gamble?
- Do you believe that you will win back lost money by increasing the size of your bets?
- Do you feel the need to lie about the amount of money and time you spend gambling?
- Do you hide how much you gamble from your partner?
- Do you put your gambling needs above your family and friend`s needs and interests?
- Do you steal or commit fraud to get money for gambling?
- Do you feel reluctant to spend money on anything else but gambling?
- Has gambling ruined your personal relationships?
- Do arguments and disappointments create the need to gamble even more?
- Do you have depression or suicidal thoughts after gambling?
For some people setting limits isn`t just enough and they need to take further steps. One of the options available at the casino is to temporarily suspend your account. If you believe that gambling is negatively impacting your life then you should set a self-exclusion. We advise you to take a six months break at least and to exclude yourself from all sites where you are active. You can easily set self-exclusion on your account if you go to Settings in your Casumo Account. During this period you will not receive any promotional emails or texts from the casino and you will also not be able to log into your account. Once the self-exclusion period is over your account will automatically reopen. If you want to extend your exclusion just contact the casino.
The most important step in problem gambling is to identify the signs and understand them. This will allow you to recognize that the problem exists so you would later on take the necessary steps to deal with the issue. When someone is dealing with a gambling problem, most of the time they would feel helpless, and this is the time when they need the support of their family and friends the most. We have compiled a simple guide that will help you support someone in need: Keep minors safe – Every casino takes all the necessary precautions to prevent minors from gambling. Still, they have access to the Internet on many devices so it is your responsibility to prevent youngsters from these sites. Casumo has a whole section with services to help gamblers play games responsibly. You can start by setting limits to your account, so that way you are more in control of your money. As well there are tools that help players manage their money responsibly. Casumo also offers information on spotting the signs of a gambling problem. They offer support for problem gamblers and they offer them the option to speak to support ambassadors who are available 24/7.
Even if you don't have any problems with gambling you can still take a break. You can take a break for a minimum of 7 days up to 6 months. And later on, if you want to extend this break you can contact customer support. They are here for you, to advise you and find the best account settings for your current situation.
You should head to Play Okay settings and click on ‘Suspend Account’. Select ‘I want to take a break’ option and choose to take a break for 7 days, 30 days, 3 months or 6 months. After the time period is over your account will reopen automatically.