What is Live Casino?
If you are a complete novice and you have been wondering what are live dealer games, then we are here for you. So, unlike slots, live dealer games are casino games being played out in real-time with real people. All the games are live-streamed from a private room in a casino or a studio. At William Hill, you can find a wide range of exciting games and you can interact with the dealer or the other players if you wish. This really helps to bring the experience to life. Thanks to the best HD cameras you will have a crystal clear live stream directly to your device.
In the lobby, you can find a great selection of table games to choose from. You can find the following games:
- Live Blackjack – This game will offer an experience just like in a land-based casino, where you will be turning cards alongside other players.
- Live Roulette – This is actually a real-life version of roulette where you can also see the previous outcomes and current staking options updated.
- Live Baccarat – You can now beat the Banker in a high-quality live version of this very popular game. All you have to do is to take a seat and join the fun.
- Live Hold'em – This version of poker will allow you to form one of the best five-hand combinations to beat the dealer.
- Live Hi-Lo – This is an ideal game for everyone who is new to live casino where you have to predict whether the next card dealt will be higher or lower than the previous one.
- 3-Card Brag – This is a poker variant that is played with 3 cards instead of 5.
What is more, you can enjoy the live casino on their fully mobile responsive site. This allows you to be part of the action any time you want, thanks to the most advanced technologies that offer a smooth gaming experience. You also have the option to download the mobile app if you want.
Blackjack is an exciting game, especially when you play it with a live dealer in front of you. The idea of the game is to get a hand as close to 21 without going bust. Blackjack is played with 8 decks of 52 standard playing cards.
Once you choose a table you will be automatically seated and you will have the option to play in the main game or you can choose the Bet Behind option. If you want to play multiple hands you can enable the Multi-Seat option.
When you join a table, a seat may not be available right away so you will have to wait for the round to end. Click on a chip to select in, and then click on the blackjack table to place the chip. If you wish to bet more than one chip, click again on another chip. If you want to remove a chip from the table, click on it while pressing shift. Once you are happy with your bet, click on Confirm.
Bets that have not been confirmed will not be placed since the game is played on a timer.
When you play Blackjack Live you can place side bets by simply putting a chip on the table that matches your side bet choice. These are the side bets that are available:
- Player Pair – This is a bet that you will have any pair in your first two cards.
- Dealer Pair – This is a bet that the dealer will have any pair in their first two cards.
- Perfect Pair – This is a bet that you or the dealer will have a pair of the same suit.
- Colored Pair – This is a bet that you or the dealer will have a pair of the same color.
- Red/Black Pair – This is a bet that you or the dealer will get a pair with a combination of red and black cards.
Important Buttons at Blackjack
Blackjack is an easy game to learn but before you start playing for real money it is a good idea to know the software of the game. While you are playing the following buttons will appear on the screen:
- Rebet – This button will place the same bet as the previous one.
- Clear – This button will remove all chips from the table.
- Confirm – This button will confirm the bets that have been placed.
- Hit – This button will deal another card to your hand.
- Stand - This button will play out the round with the current hand.
- Double - This button will double your bet and deal with one final card to your hand.
- Split - This button will split your hand in two and play each as a separate hand.
- Insurance - This button will place a bet on the dealer having a blackjack.
On the upper and lower edges of the screen, you can find the general tools and displays.
- Game Balance – This is where you can see your current balance at the casino.
- Cashier – This is where you can make both deposits and withdrawals, or see your transaction history.
- Play for Real Money – When you click this button you will start playing Live Blackjack for real money.
Live Roulette game at William Hill Casino is played with standard European Roulette rules. The objective of the game is to place your bet on the number you believe the ball will land on. It is very easy to get the grips of the game. When you join a room, a seat may not be available so you have to wait for the round to end. When you are seated, click on a chip of the desired value to select it, and then place the chip on the relevant part of the betting table. When you place the bet you need to stay within the minimum and maximum betting limit. When you decide on your bet, click on confirm to make sure that your bet is placed for the next round.
When the round is over, if you have won you will receive your payment and you will be offered the option to Rebet.
Useful Buttons at Roulette
When you play Live Roulette you need to know how to properly use the buttons:
- Rebet – This button will place the same bet as the one for the previous round.
- Clear - This button will clear all chips from the table.
- Undo - This button will remove the chip that was last placed on the table.
- Confirm - This button will confirm your chips for the next round.
- Information - This button will open the full stats panel.
- Racetrack - This button will allow you to access Special Bets.
- Lobby - This button will return you to the casino lobby.
You can play Live Baccarat with real live dealers at William Hill Casino and enjoy all the sights and sounds of a real casino. The game is played with 8 decks and standard rules. When you join a table, a game may already be in progress so you will have to wait until the game rounds end. All the betting options are clearly displayed on the betting table and you can use your cursor to place bets. The betting options in the main game are Player, Banker, or Tie. So, you have to place your chips on the area you wish to place your bet, and click on confirm. If you fail to confirm the bet, the game will begin without your participation since there is a time limit for each round.
The Side Bets Menu can be found at the bottom right of your screen where you can place bets on Perfect Pair, Player Pair, Banker Pair, or Either Pair. And, once you place your bets, they can't be changed and the game will be played out.
Side Bets in Baccarat
The option for pacing side bets is very interesting and since it doesn’t have an impact on the outcome of the main game, players tend to use it more often to add some thrill to their gameplay. These are the following side bets you can place Perfect Pair, Player Pair, Banker Pair, or Either Pair. You can also bet on the number of cards drawn, Big or Small. What is more, you can place multiple side bets if you want.
- Perfect Pair is a bet on either you or the dealer receiving two cards of the same value and the same suit.
- Player Pair is a bet on you receiving any pair of cards.
- Banker Pair is a bet on the Banker receiving any pair of cards.
- Either Pair is a bet on either Banker or the Player receiving any type of pair.
- Big is a bet on 5 or 6 cards being drawn in the game between you and the dealer only.
- Small is a bet where you hope that the game will end only with 4 cards between you and the dealer only.
Live Baccarat Rules
In Baccarat the idea is to place a bet on the value of cards drawn by either you or the dealer. The winner is the hand that has a total value closer to 9. When the game starts, each player will receive 2 cards and if need be, a third card may be drawn. The cards have the following value:
- Ace has a value of one.
- Ten, Jack, Queen, and King have a value of Zero.
- Cards between two and nine have their own value.
There are three betting options Player, Banker, and Tie, and the idea is to predict who will have the best hand at the end of the game. So, if you believe that the dealer will have a better hand than you, then you should place your bet on the Banker.
In some circumstances, you or the dealer may request a third card. You can't ask for a third card as you please, but you have to follow certain rules that we will highlight below:
If the value of your first two cards is between 0 and 5, you can draw a third card.
If the value of your first two cards is between 6 and 7, you can't draw a third card and you have to stand.
If the value of your first two cards is between 8 and 9, you can't draw a third card and this is known as Natural Hand.
The general rule, when it comes to the dealer is that they must take another card if you stand and if the value of their hand is 5 or less. The other situations where the dealer can or cannot take a third card are highlighted below:
When the value of the dealer’s first two cards is between 0 and 2, the dealer will always draw a third card.
When the value of the dealer’s first two cards is 3, the dealer will always draw a third card when the player has a hand with a value between 0 and 7. The dealer will not draw a third card when the player's third card is 8.
When the value of the dealer’s first two cards is 4, the dealer will always draw a third card when the player has a hand with a value between 2 and 7. The dealer will not draw a third card when the player's third card is 0, 1, 8, and 9.
When the value of the dealer’s first two cards is 5, the dealer will always draw a third card when the player has a hand with a value between 6 and 7. The dealer will not draw a third card when the player's third card is between 0 and 3, and between 8 and 9.
When the value of the dealer’s first two cards is 6, the dealer will always draw a third card when the player has a hand with a value between 6 and 7. The dealer will not draw a third card when the player's third card is between 0 and 5, and between 8 and 9.
When the value of the dealer’s first two cards is 7, the dealer always stands.
When the value of the dealer’s first two cards is between 8 and 9, both the dealer and the player can't draw a third card.
When you are able to watch a match as it happens and have the chance to place a bet on the same one is so exciting. That is what Live Betting is for. It offers you a chance to place bets throughout the event. At William Hill, you can find coverage of a variety of leagues from countries all over the world. And, even the games that don't offer live streaming, they have graphics that show you where the ball is at each moment of the game. Plenty of statistics shown will only help you better decide which bet you want to place.
William Hill brings the brick-and-mortar casino right in front of you with their wide variety of Live Games. You will have the feeling like you are playing in a private land-based casino. With the use of the latest technology and the friendly hosts, William Hill has made the perfect combination and it offers the best gaming experience to each and every player.